As previously reported by Insider Gaming in January 2022 and by my own accord on Twitter in August 2022, update 7.00 for the PS5 is now rolling out for players adding discord and 1440p support.
Main features in this system software update:
- 1440p video output has been expanded on PS5.
- VRR (variable refresh rate) is now supported for 1440p resolution.
- More modes and HDMI devices are now supported. To check if your HDMI device supports this, go to [Settings] > [Screen and Video] > [Video Output]>[Test 1440p Output].
- You can now transfer data between PS5 consoles.
- Easily transfer all of your PS5 data to another PS5. This process doesn’t remove or modify your data on your original PS5.
- You can now join Discord voice chats on your PS5.
In May 2021, Jim Ryan, President, and CEO of Sony announced the integration of Discord onto PlayStation and said “Together, our teams are already hard at work connecting Discord with your social and gaming experience on PlayStation Network. Our goal is to bring the Discord and PlayStation experiences closer together on console and mobile starting early next year, allowing friends, groups, and communities to hang out, have fun, and communicate more easily while playing games together.”
“To bring these experiences to life for our players, Sony Interactive Entertainment has made a minority investment as part of Discord’s Series H round. From our very first conversation with co-founders Jason Citron and Stan Vishnevskiy, I was inspired by their lifelong love for gaming and our teams’ shared passion to help bring friends and communities together in new ways. Empowering players to create communities and enjoy shared gaming experiences is at the heart of what we do, so we are beyond excited to start this journey with one of the world’s most popular communication services.”
Will you be using discord after installing the new ps5 7.00 update?
For more from Insider Gaming, check out Aragami Developers Lince Works Announces Its Closure