Epic Games has confirmed that Fortnite will be getting its Creative 2.0 update on March 22nd.
Taking to Twitter under the handle @FNCreate – Epic Games shared the details, including that the Unreal Editor can be added to your wishlish on the Epic Games Store now.
Fortnite Creative 2.0, known formally as the Unreal Editor for Fortnite, will be the evolution of the game’s Creative mode. It will allow the community to build their own games inside Fortnite.
Speaking to Fast Company, Tim Sweeney said that Fortnite Creative 2.0 will allow players to “build very high-quality game content and code and deploy it into Fortnite without having to do a deal with us–it’s open to everybody.”
Similar to Roblox, Fortnite’s Unreal Editor will allow creators to monetize their content. “We’re building an economy,” said Sweeney. “It will support creators actually building businesses around their work and making increasing amounts of profit from the commerce that arises from people playing their content.”
Previous leaks about Fortnite Creative 2.0 have revealed a whole plethora of additions which include creating your own models, maps, vehicles, and more.
What can you do with UEFN?
UEFN builds on the concepts used in the Fortnite Creative toolset, with the addition of new features and capabilities. The Beta provides creators with an early version of UEFN that will evolve in line with their feedback. With this Beta version of UEFN, you’ll be able to:
- Create custom content with Modeling and Material tools.
- Import meshes, textures, animations, and audio.
- Use Niagara to create VFX effects.
- Animate with Control Rig and Sequencer.
- Design gameplay with Verse.
- Build Landscapes to create flesh out the environment.
- Create larger experiences with World Partition.
- Use Fab to discover and import assets.
- Use Live Edit to collaborate in real time with others.
- Integrated Revision Control to collaborate with Skein
Are you excited to play Fortnite Creative 2.0?
For more from Insider Gaming, check out our exclusive news that the PlayStation 5 Pro is in development.