God of War Ragnarok is set to have 11 individual factions across the Nine Realms. These factions consist of monsters, giants, gods, beasts, and man which you’ll get familiar with in the estimated 40 hours of gameplay it takes to complete the game.
Sources have provided Insider Gaming with a brief description of all of the game’s factions.
All 11 God of War Ragnarok Factions:
- Aesir – Described as the Gods that rule the Nine Realms.
- Beasts – Described as animals that roam in the realms as either predator or prey.
- Dwarves – Described as the masters of forging legendary weapons and armor.
- Elves – Described as two factions of Light and Dark that fight to control the Light of Alfheim.
- Ethereal – Described as ghosts and spirits that wander between the Nine Realms.
- Humans – Described as scavengers.
- Jotnar – Described as the last giants that hide to pass down their knowledge following the genocide at the hands of Odin.
- Monsters – Described as the creatures of the Norse Myth.
- Helwalkers – Described as reanimated corpses from the overflowing souls of Helheim that are cursed to walk the Nine Realms.
- Seidr – Described as humans that are corrupted by seior magic.
- Vanir – Described as the Gods that fought against Aesir and lost.
As expected, most of the factions appear to come from God of War (2018), however, there are a few different ones that we also got to see in the God of War Story Trailer.
God of War Ragnarok is set to release on November 8th, 2022 on the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5.
Who is your favorite God of War Ragnarok factions?
For more news from Insider Gaming, check out an actor slip-up from Lance Reddick who might have revealed he’s working on a Horizon Forbidden West expansion. Or huge news yesterday that might have revealed several new unreleased PlayStation titles.