PlayStation has announced during its PlayStation Showcase that Teardown, a highly destructible title will be coming to the PlayStation 5. Unfortunately, though, no official release date has been given.
- Fully destructible voxel environments
- Realistic physical simulation of objects, debris, vehicles, water, fire, and smoke
- 17 different tools ranging from sledgehammer, blow torch and fire extinguisher to guns and explosives
- Campaign with 40 missions in an escalating storyline
- Sandbox mode for you to roam around in the various environments
- Extensive mod support and Steam Workshop integration
“Plan the perfect heist using creative problem solving, brute force, and everything around you. Teardown features a fully destructible and truly interactive environment where player freedom and emergent gameplay are the driving mechanics”, the official Steam page says.
It continues, “Tear down walls with explosives or vehicles to create shortcuts no one thought was possible. Stack objects, build structures, or use floating objects to your advantage. Take your time to create an efficient path through the level, plan the heist and get ready to execute it.”
Here’s the trailer that was released for the game during the PlayStation Showcase:
Are you excited to play a Teardown on the PS5?
You can watch the official PlayStation Showcase on the company’s YouTube here.
For more from Insider Gaming, check out the news that the PSVR 2 is selling extremely well, despite earlier reports it was not.