• Join the Insider Gaming Forums for your chance to win a new PS5 Pro!

Who is getting the Pro?

Honestly far too expensive in NZ can’t justify it after seeing the minimal increase in quality will wait and see what some of the Hands ons are like first maybe it’s waaaaaayyy better than I think

I haven't made up my mind yet. I've had mine since day 1 so maybe selling it before it dies on me is a good idea? Here in Canada if I sell this thing I still have to put up an extra $600 CAD or so on top to get the Pro😓

So who is getting the Pro?

Me personally i'm sticking with the PS5 Slim as i currenlty have a 1080p Monitor capable of high refresh rates and i can still get 60fps & 120fps on a lot of games with preformance mode, going to work on getting a new monitor that is capable of 4k @ 120fps for when the PS6 Is out though.
I'm getting one for sure as it's impressive enough for me and got a lot of stuff I want to be able to experience on a PlayStation console... So yeah I'll be one of the people getting it day 1! (y)

PS5 Pro for me is an easy pass. Unlike PS4 Pro which I bought day one, Sony hasn't shown any standout new games running off it and if the State of Play excludes first party as has been rumored, then no incentive for me to spend $700 on the console.

Xbox Series X is my primary gaming console and including 2024, my yearly average for PS5 games is 3 a year so just not worth the investment. More than anything though is the simple fact that I played and completed Miles, Spider Man 2, GOWR, FF Rebirth, Kena, FF XVI, HFW, Stellar Blade, Rise of the Ronin, currently playing Astro Bot, recently purchased Black Myth Wukong and excluding Ronin, I haven't had any complaints or issues in regards to visuals and performance. All of them looked great and played great on the base PS5.

But for those who do purchase a PS5 Pro, hope you enjoy it!!

I thought I was gonna get it anyway but the price really surprised me, as a I alteady have a PC, I could use the same money to upgrade to a banger GPU instead. My need for the PS5 pro was only to play GTA 6 and TLOU3 early but that might not be worth that much... Much cheaper to just borrow a friends console

Back