• Join the Insider Gaming Forums for your chance to win a new PS5 Pro!

Who is getting the Pro?

I'm fighting myself on it because I have a High-End PC on one hand, on the other I'm a Sony Pony.

I still am, but that pricepoint has definitely made me really consider it. My PS5 is on the way out (few overheating scares) so it is inevtible I will need to pick up another.

Years ago I upgraded to the PS4 Pro when that dropped, but I also upgraded my TV to support HDR at the same time.

I’ll likely do the same when the PS6 drops in what…4-5 years? No need or desire for me to drop that much on the 5 Pro now.

So who is getting the Pro?

Me personally i'm sticking with the PS5 Slim as i currenlty have a 1080p Monitor capable of high refresh rates and i can still get 60fps & 120fps on a lot of games with preformance mode, going to work on getting a new monitor that is capable of 4k @ 120fps for when the PS6 Is out though.
if it's £200 off with a disc drive, sure!

So who is getting the Pro?

Me personally i'm sticking with the PS5 Slim as i currenlty have a 1080p Monitor capable of high refresh rates and i can still get 60fps & 120fps on a lot of games with preformance mode, going to work on getting a new monitor that is capable of 4k @ 120fps for when the PS6 Is out though.
The upgraded graphics while keeping a smooth 60fps is very nice, but not nice enough to cost $250 more than the normal ps5 equivalent.

I'm most definitely not. Maybe if in a couple of years my OG PS5 unfortunately dies and the Pro is ~500 euros, might as well go all in and get it, but at this exact moment it's ridiculously priced. It's not just the price either, but the fact that there are no games to actually make you want the Pro. Most of the time I don't even notice a lot of the things in games and I realize they can be better only when someone shows me a comparison side by side.

I'm most definitely not. Maybe if in a couple of years my OG PS5 unfortunately dies and the Pro is ~500 euros, might as well go all in and get it, but at this exact moment it's ridiculously priced. It's not just the price either, but the fact that there are no games to actually make you want the Pro. Most of the time I don't even notice a lot of the things in games and I realize they can be better only when someone shows me a comparison side by side.
For real, in the economy $700 for a gaming system is wild.

Back