• Join the Insider Gaming Forums for your chance to win a new PS5 Pro!

Who is getting the Pro?

Kane

Registered
So who is getting the Pro?

Me personally i'm sticking with the PS5 Slim as i currenlty have a 1080p Monitor capable of high refresh rates and i can still get 60fps & 120fps on a lot of games with preformance mode, going to work on getting a new monitor that is capable of 4k @ 120fps for when the PS6 Is out though.

£800+ with a disc drive/stand is nuts. Need more information/gameplay before i commit for sure
This exactly, I'd like to see some games made in mind of the PS5 Pro running on it before I come to a full conclusion. It'll be a big investment either way, so I'd rather try to really get the pros and cons instead of saving money for something that's a minimal upgrade at best.

Nope, I wasn't overly interested in it to begin with, I miss upcoming singleplayer story games from Sony for that, to even really consider buying it, but the presentation did nothing for me and ended with the absurd pricing of 800 Euro for a console without a vertical stand and disc drive. Depending on what they will showcase over the next months, I might get it a later time, but currently I'm not interested in it and 800 Euro is too much for me (with no interesting games coming up, again for my taste).

If I didn't have to buy my own driver disk and stand and obviously it wasn't that expensive, I would buy it at launch. I was hoping to reach a maximum of 650 euros for the disk version, that is until yesterday when they demonstrated that they can do more than that and then I left it alone. Next year, if there will be a very good discount, I will think about upgrading, but they lost me personally because of the price and because of the lack of content on the release date, I don't replay anything anymore what i played

If I didn't have to buy my own driver disk and stand and obviously it wasn't that expensive, I would buy it at launch. I was hoping to reach a maximum of 650 euros for the disk version, that is until yesterday when they demonstrated that they can do more than that and then I left it alone. Next year, if there will be a very good discount, I will think about upgrading, but they lost me personally because of the price and because of the lack of content on the release date, I don't replay anything anymore what i played
Totally agree

I’d rather wait on the reviews after november 7, if I am getting this console which is pretty likely, it would be a 2025 purchase cuz I am still on the ps4 slim.

Definitely not on day 1. Only if it goes on sale later for a steep discount, but I'll just wait for PS6 if it only gets discounted 2 years before that launches.

I have a physical library, so I'd need to set aside £800 for the PS5 Pro.

Back