• Join the Insider Gaming Forums for your chance to win a new PS5 Pro!

Sony Reveals The PS5 Pro With A November Release Date

Mike Straw

Senior Editor
Staff member
After months of reports and rumors, Sony has officially revealed the PS5 Pro along with a release date of November 7.

Read the full article here...

PS5Pro.jpg

£700 for the base add another £90 for the disc drive, £20 for the stand

~£800 plus for this is a bit yikes

From what I'm gathering the main push is 60 with Fidelity mode?

But didn't Spider-Man have a 40fps VRR mode? Found this perfectly fine.

Very difficult to justify this coming from a diehard PlayStation fan who owns a PS4 Pro too

I think it would be easier to wrap my head around the price tag if they had shown off some new games. Looking at games I have already played through (some of them multiple times) doesn't really make me want to spend that kind of money.

$699 is rough and that is the all digital version. Wish they gave memory options to lower the price. Not sure it’s worth the price point to really move many from PS5 to PS5 Pro without showcasing major changes to current games.
Can't disagree here. A lot of fans are going to be unhappy when they find out if they want a disc drive, they have to purchase it as an add-on...😳

Hey,

I found weird or even insane the fact that in Europe a PS5 Pro price is higher for 100 conventional units compared to the US (800 EUR vs 700 USD). Why? For what reason?

As I remember previously until this moment the price in EU was equal to the price number in the US but just in EUR instead of USD.

This launching without disc drive or a stand is actually insane.

Can't wait to see Digital Foundry's analysis on this.
Yea, I'm honestly not sure it does enough to warrant such a monster increase. Will games look better, sure. But how much better can they get on console. It's entering true console vs buy a PC/laptop at this point

Half the reason people game on Xbox and Playstation is because consoles are more affordable than a decent PC. This is technically still the case at $700, but I have a feeling most people will see that pricepoint and decide to just skip the mid-generation upgrade altogether.

Half the reason people game on Xbox and Playstation is because consoles are more affordable than a decent PC. This is technically still the case at $700, but I have a feeling most people will see that pricepoint and decide to just skip the mid-generation upgrade altogether.
Tbf, most people already do skip mid-gen refreshes. PS4 Pro accounted to something like 15% of total PS4 sales.

Consoles have a lower upfront cost, but remember that you have to pay $60+ to play online every year. To play your favorite game, you would have to spend ~$1120 just to play games ($500 for the console and $420 for 7 years of PS Plus). You could spend a little more than $920 on a decent PC that you can use for all things gaming AND work. You’re getting a much better value out of buying a PC instead of this new console. But, they each have their pros and cons.

£700 for the base add another £90 for the disc drive, £20 for the stand

~£800 plus for this is a bit yikes

From what I'm gathering the main push is 60 with Fidelity mode?

But didn't Spider-Man have a 40fps VRR mode? Found this perfectly fine.

Very difficult to justify this coming from a diehard PlayStation fan who owns a PS4 Pro too
The PS4 Pro was the same price as the PS4 on launch right? Correct me if I’m wrong. I guess inflation is hitting the gaming industry pretty hard too. Wouldn’t be surprised if we see the standard edition of games go up to $80 lol.

The PS4 Pro was the same price as the PS4 on launch right? Correct me if I’m wrong. I guess inflation is hitting the gaming industry pretty hard too. Wouldn’t be surprised if we see the standard edition of games go up to $80 lol.

Yeah both ~£350 I think. The PS4 Pro came at a time where 4K tv's were coming into fruition though.

Maybe. Maybe its priced like this to offset the losses with Concord 😂

This is where I'm at. First time in 15 years of console gaming that I'm seriously considering putting my saved money toward a mid-end PC instead.

Still kinda hate that Sony is overcharging people in countries outside of the US. $70/£70/€80 for games was the start, and now the PS5 Pro is $700/£700/€800.

Even the PS VR2 had a better exchange rate outside of the US.

Back