• Join the Insider Gaming Forums for your chance to win a new PS5 Pro!

Will GTA 6 run at 60 FPS on the PS5 Pro?

In 4K? No I don't think so... I guess that will be a PS6/PS6 Pro thing or maybe not until the PS7 is out. But I can see it maybe doing it in 1080p @ 60 FPS and if optimized good enough maybe in 1440p @ 60 FPS. But I guess I'll have to accept 4K @ 30 FPS until the PS6 or PS6 Pro is out at least.

I don't see why Grand Theft Auto VI can't run at 60 FPS on the PS5 Pro given the console's feature set. The game does not need to run at a native 4K resolution given that we have AI upscaling via PSSR, we can get a similar image quality while running at a lower internal resolution.

Also PSSR can be paired with FSR 3 frame gen which was updated to run independently of the FSR 3 upscaler so it can definitely be paired with PSSR to achieve image quality that's better than FSR while utilizing FSR frame gen.

Immortals of Aveum utilizes FSR 3 frame gen on console with minimal input lag as seen explained by Digital Foundry here:

Though it is up to Rockstar games to utilize FSR 3 frame gen in their game.

I don't see why Grand Theft Auto VI can't run at 60 FPS on the PS5 Pro given the console's feature set. The game does not need to run at a native 4K resolution given that we have AI upscaling via PSSR, we can get a similar image quality while running at a lower internal resolution.

Also PSSR can be paired with FSR 3 frame gen which was updated to run independently of the FSR 3 upscaler so it can definitely be paired with PSSR to achieve image quality that's better than FSR while utilizing FSR frame gen.

Immortals of Aveum utilizes FSR 3 frame gen on console with minimal input lag as seen explained by Digital Foundry here:

Though it is up to Rockstar games to utilize FSR 3 frame gen in their game.
Immortals of aveum already hits 60 though. Using frame gen at 30fps or close introduces heavy imput lag. I've used it on my ally.

I'm sure it will have a 60 mode and a 40fps vrr mode. With RT
GTA5 is a PS3/360 game upgraded over time.

GTA6 is a built from ground up game. So I'm sure they will try and hit 60.
30fps is not the norm anymore.
60 and 120 is.

Sure the CPU isn't newer, but it's not a jaguar either.
PSSR will help, a low Res with high graphics and 60fps and RT.

This is what I'm expecting.

PS5 then will have a 30fps (hopefully 40fps)mode and a 60 FPS 1080p mode most likely. Dynamic Resolution.

PS5 is the base they are using. So PS5 Pro will just be better
No PC version, and all I worry about is Series S. Will it launch?

Series S 720p@30 not RT.

This is why I wonder everyone talks about the Pro.
But why would rockstar release a game that plays terrible on PS5 Pro.
PS5 would be worse, then Series X worse again...Series S(not worth thinking about)
But maybe the delays are the lower end?

Last edited:
I'm sure it will have a 60 mode and a 40fps vrr mode. With RT
GTA5 is a PS3/360 game upgraded over time.

GTA6 is a built from ground up game. So I'm sure they will try and hit 60.
30fps is not the norm anymore.
60 and 120 is.

Sure the CPU isn't newer, but it's not a jaguar either.
PSSR will help, a low Res with high graphics and 60fps and RT.

This is what I'm expecting.

PS5 then will have a 30fps (hopefully 40fps)mode and a 60 FPS 1080p mode most likely. Dynamic Resolution.

PS5 is the base they are using. So PS5 Pro will just be better
No PC version, and all I worry about is Series S. Will it launch?

Series S 720p@30 not RT.

This is why I wonder everyone talks about the Pro.
But why would rockstar release a game that plays terrible on PS5 Pro.
PS5 would be worse, then Series X worse again...Series S(not worth thinking about)
But maybe the delays are the lower end?
That's what everyone hopes it'll be like... But if not so do I see it been 100 % possible on the PS6 or PS6 Pro hopefully.

I apologize if the comment goes very further in the scale but there are lot of things to talk on.
Grand Theft Auto 6 as an open-world title, it opens its account on the CPU so the processor needs to process a lot of codes; as we've seen in the leaked footages, there are over 1,000 of event operations were going on at the gameplay and PS5 Pro's CPU – AMD Zen 2 3.5GHz – is able to operate over 6.9 billions of information so I think in the CPU side, we haven't any problem. What the GTA 6 is going to be? When I think about it, there are a lot of shaking trees, NPC density, vehicles going around sky, water and streets, lots of animals etc. I know that the engines are different between Alan Wake II's Northlight and Grand Theft Auto 6's RAGE but either using global illumination, Ray Tracing and as the GTA 6's trailer notes we have may be an FSR using. What Sony have done with PS5 Pro's GPU? It has an RDNA 3 (unconfirmed) with up to 33.3 teraflops of power and the winner leaf, PSSR, is probably getting the devs opportunity to optimize the game at a 900-1080p resolution at upscaled 4K at 60 FPS. I don't think the details being highly reduced or something but I assume that PS5 Pro could have the house power of running Grand Theft Auto 6 at 60. Not sure, but we have wait to see.

Back