• Join the Insider Gaming Forums for your chance to win a new PS5 Pro!

When will you buy the next gen Nintendo console ?

I probably won't be able to afford it at launch, but would pick it up if I could. I can't remember where I read it but I think I heard it will be backwards compatible and even improve performance of some Switch games.

I'm really hoping there is an OLED model at launch. If so - I will very likely pre-order. Otherwise I'll wait with my OLED as I don't think I could go back from that

I'm really hoping there is an OLED model at launch. If so - I will very likely pre-order. Otherwise I'll wait with my OLED as I don't think I could go back from that
I was thinking the same thing. We all know how nintendo do business, they always keep the good stuff for later. If there is a pricing issue, Nintendo can go to the Xbox route, release two console, one with oled and one with LCD. With 100 dollars difference.
I probably won't be able to afford it at launch, but would pick it up if I could. I can't remember where I read it but I think I heard it will be backwards compatible and even improve performance of some Switch games.
Yap, next Nintendo switch will be backwards compatible, otherwise they won't have a chance nowadays. Because there will be no games to offer to customers for more than 2 years. Casuals will not buy a new console for 2-3 games.

3D Mario. An achievement system would be nice too. Could see them calling them ‘Coins’
Haha, great thought. Let's hope Nintendo shows more creative approaches like this.

A good pokemon or animal crossing. Last Nintendo console I had was the new 3ds XL. Didn't always been up with Nintendo the last few years. But just for the sake if feeling nostalgic, maybe I buy one when it's good

Probably during 2025 or 2026 as it's been awhile since I've bought something Nintendo related. But it sounds good to me so far so I am looking forward to getting one for sure!

Back