• Join the Insider Gaming Forums for your chance to win a new PS5 Pro!

When will you buy the next gen Nintendo console ?

krainm8

Registered
I have seen the first 2 years of Nintendo switch was dry.

But if next Nintendo launched title is a good Pokémon game, I will buy it.

3D Mario. An achievement system would be nice too. Could see them calling them ‘Coins’

Last edited:
I probably won't be able to afford it at launch, but would pick it up if I could. I can't remember where I read it but I think I heard it will be backwards compatible and even improve performance of some Switch games.

I'm really hoping there is an OLED model at launch. If so - I will very likely pre-order. Otherwise I'll wait with my OLED as I don't think I could go back from that

I'm really hoping there is an OLED model at launch. If so - I will very likely pre-order. Otherwise I'll wait with my OLED as I don't think I could go back from that
I was thinking the same thing. We all know how nintendo do business, they always keep the good stuff for later. If there is a pricing issue, Nintendo can go to the Xbox route, release two console, one with oled and one with LCD. With 100 dollars difference.
I probably won't be able to afford it at launch, but would pick it up if I could. I can't remember where I read it but I think I heard it will be backwards compatible and even improve performance of some Switch games.
Yap, next Nintendo switch will be backwards compatible, otherwise they won't have a chance nowadays. Because there will be no games to offer to customers for more than 2 years. Casuals will not buy a new console for 2-3 games.

3D Mario. An achievement system would be nice too. Could see them calling them ‘Coins’
Haha, great thought. Let's hope Nintendo shows more creative approaches like this.

Depends on the launch games.
As soon as there is a game I cant wait to play I'll buy one.
Hopefully, games like Zelda BOTW, or Mario odyssey, or a let's go Pikachu will be there, and a live service multiplayer f2p game with quality like fortnite.

Backwards compatibility with the 3DS? Or in general?

A good pokemon or animal crossing. Last Nintendo console I had was the new 3ds XL. Didn't always been up with Nintendo the last few years. But just for the sake if feeling nostalgic, maybe I buy one when it's good

Probably during 2025 or 2026 as it's been awhile since I've bought something Nintendo related. But it sounds good to me so far so I am looking forward to getting one for sure!

Back