• Join the Insider Gaming Forums for your chance to win a new PS5 Pro!

What to make of 2024 so far for Xbox?

BigBoss0702

Registered
We are approaching the final quarter of 2024 and wanted to ask fellow Xbox gamers on what are their thoughts on the current year so far for Xbox? Are you happy, satisfied, disappointed?

With everything that's happened with Xbox over the past couple of years, I'll never understand why they don't just announce a Halo 3 remake/remaster. One simple game that they already own would completely shift the narrative. Halo 3 Remastered, Fall 2025/2026, only on Xbox. It would be that easy to not only revitalize the Xbox as a brand, but it would also breathe new life into the Halo franchise. After the failure of Infinite as well as the cancellation of the TV show, that's something Halo desperately needs.

Disappointed. My XSX is hardly ever used and considering to sell it at this point or give it to a family member. For my current situation, having a PS5, Switch and PC is the best for me. All the XSX games launch side by side with PC and now they’re slowly moving them to PS5 as well.

With everything that's happened with Xbox over the past couple of years, I'll never understand why they don't just
With everything that's happened with Xbox over the past couple of years, I'll never understand why they don't just announce a Halo 3 remake/remaster. One simple game that they already own would completely shift the narrative. Halo 3 Remastered, Fall 2025/2026, only on Xbox. It would be that easy to not only revitalize the Xbox as a brand, but it would also breathe new life into the Halo franchise. After the failure of Infinite as well as the cancellation of the TV show, that's something Halo desperately needs.
announce a Halo 3 remake/remaster. One simple game that they already own would completely shift the narrative. Halo 3 Remastered, Fall 2025/2026, only on Xbox. It would be that easy to not only revitalize the Xbox as a brand, but it would also breathe new life into the Halo franchise. After the failure of Infinite as well as the cancellation of the TV show, that's something Halo desperately needs.

I am happy with mine for the most part.
Fair enough

Disappointed. My XSX is hardly ever used and considering to sell it at this point or give it to a family member. For my current situation, having a PS5, Switch and PC is the best for me. All the XSX games launch side by side with PC and now they’re slowly moving them to PS5 as well.
I can understand this sentiment

Oh I think you are right and a Halo 3 remaster is coming but not for a while. Want to do the Halo Combat Evolved remake first

We are approaching the final quarter of 2024 and wanted to ask fellow Xbox gamers on what are their thoughts on the current year so far for Xbox? Are you happy, satisfied, disappointed?

On the software side happy for the most part really. Can’t wait to check out FlightSim 24.

I’m also glad to see the ports are relatively successful. A bigger audience is always welcome.

On the hardware side I’m not so sure really. I think the Series S is still in a prime position to be the GamePass machine but I wonder how long that will last, especially with the price hikes and ports now.

Honestly, despite the price increase Game Pass has been wonderful. Yea, you don't need an Xbox to use it but the games they've offered have been amazing. Sea of Stars, Hollow Knight, and many more. I would not have played many of these without the service. But Xbox as a console, it is pretty good at playing older games if you are old like me. Wish all my games worked like Transformers and Area 51.

Gamepass has definitely been the shining star, but everything else has sort of felt like a swing and a miss. Starting to feel less like Xbox has any individuality and more "PC... oh, and also Xbox".

Gamepass has definitely been the shining star, but everything else has sort of felt like a swing and a miss. Starting to feel less like Xbox has any individuality and more "PC... oh, and also Xbox".
That's partially because Halo and Gears have been dumpster fires for a while now.

Pretty good. Unpopular opinion: the exclusive shift makes sense and Sony will follow. We still get them day 1 on gamepass, couldn’t care less if they’re coming to other platforms - everyone wins. However, I doubt tentpole franchises will go multiplat

Pretty good. Unpopular opinion: the exclusive shift makes sense and Sony will follow. We still get them day 1 on gamepass, couldn’t care less if they’re coming to other platforms - everyone wins. However, I doubt tentpole franchises will go multiplat

Im with you. Im loving Xbox along with gamepass. Get to play games that i'd never buy outright. Get to play games that i'd buy but get them through gamepass. For the monthly cost its absolutly worth it.

Disappointed. Back when it was 1st announced and Austin Evans got a early look at it he touted "ray tracing" on Minecraft and how the console was gonna see lots of that in the future. Then boom, when it came out nothing. Minecraft don't even have the ray tracing Austin Evans showed. Most games coming out for series x/s are also coming out for xbox one. So I feel like they scale down the capability of the games so it can run on both generations. Bums me out just thinking how hard I tried to acquire a series x thinking it was gonna be game changing(pun intended) and nothing. It just feels like another xbox refresh to be honest. Same UI too

Disappointed. Back when it was 1st announced and Austin Evans got a early look at it he touted "ray tracing" on Minecraft and how the console was gonna see lots of that in the future. Then boom, when it came out nothing. Minecraft don't even have the ray tracing Austin Evans showed. Most games coming out for series x/s are also coming out for xbox one. So I feel like they scale down the capability of the games so it can run on both generations. Bums me out just thinking how hard I tried to acquire a series x thinking it was gonna be game changing(pun intended) and nothing. It just feels like another xbox refresh to be honest. Same UI too
This is a good thing for people on last gen, my xbox one is mainly just a fortinte machine +tomb raider.

Though that is just really indicative of how xbox views the hardware and in a sense exclusivity. You don't need an xbox series console to play next gen games with the cloud gaming stuff you can still play them on last gen. Even with the 360 they were already thinking about removing the need to upgrade and the whole generations stuff with cloud gaming.

It's tough to say for me. The decision to start porting games to Sony and/or Nintendo platforms really pissed me off but six months later, I have accepted it and moved past it. Microsoft simply wants to get back what they spent on ABK as quickly as humanly possible. As long as Microsoft keeps their games day one on Game Pass and the price doesn't get outrageous, Xbox Series X will stay my primary gaming console.

Hellblade 2 disappointed me to where I dropped it about halfway through the game but im super hyped for the Starfield Shattered Space expansion, Indiana Jones and Black Ops 6 campaign. Shutting down/selling off Tango Gameworks along with the Hi Fi Rush (great game by the way) IP pissed me off as well but then their Showcase this past June was their best showcase since E3 2018 and one of the best showcases in general.

At this point, I just want their games to be as great as possible and if that means, delays then so be it. Was really looking forward to Avowed but I completely agree with it being delayed because it would have been in no man's land if it released in the Fall. Obsidian gets an extra six months or so to work on the game and is as of right now, a far better release window.

Back