• Join the Insider Gaming Forums for your chance to win a new PS5 Pro!

PS5 Pro To Sell 13 Million Units Over 5 Years, Analyst Predicts

Mike Straw

Senior Editor
Staff member
With the PS5 Pro set to release in November, one prominent industry analyst believes it'll sell 13 million units in five years.

Read the full article here...

ed266dce1153afcb2c0234814c9cfa78ca27a430-1.jpg

No way this sells as good as the PS4 Pro. We are in a complete different global situation now.
Also I was expecting Michael Patcher making these claims :D

PS4 Pro released 2016
I am talking about the market dynamic (product-market-fit), this price might have made sense before 2020-2022. But with the current dynamics, it seems ridiculous—especially without a disc drive or stand.

I still remember when Xbox One was first presented during E3, and Microsoft talked about discless consoles and fully digital games. The media was mocking and trolling them, and Sony took advantage, showing off their consoles with disc drives, positioning themselves as the "good guys." At the time, I was 100% sure that Sony would be the first to make disc drives optional or an extension.

It was just a matter of time, and here we are 10 years later.

Mass media and PlayStation gamers gave them the power; they took it and will sit on it while sh*ting on their player's base.

Doesn`t make much sense to me for those that already have a PS5 to upgrade to the Pro. Specially those that own a fat console which can`t transfer their disc drive to the Pro.

Back