• Join the Insider Gaming Forums for your chance to win a new PS5 Pro!

PlayStation State of Play on 19-20 September (based on Lunatic Ignus)

I wonder what "World premiere" he was talking about. at the end he also said that it could be at the the game awards instead of the state of play but according to him this state of play is "Pretty Big." they need to show us some games if they wanna lure people into buying the pro. I dont think anyone's gonna spend that money just by seeing a 4 year old last of us part 1 remaster being played on it where you can barely notice the diffference between the base PS5 and the pro

Even though Helldivers is doing patch this month I think it's mostly balance stuff, I'd love to see a big announcement from that game.
I don't think we see any big first party unless something is to release Q1 2025, maybe we see spiderman 2 dlc if that's a thing.

Lineup:
Spiderman 2 DLC
Wolverine (Gameplay trailer)
Fairgames (Concord 2 for the connaisseurs) (gameplay trailer)
Death stranding (release date)
Teases:
Ghost of Tsushima 2

Wishful thinking:
Bloodborne remake
Cory Barlog game

Ghost of Tsushima 2 and hopefully a new Uncharted game would be great. I'm also holding out hope that we'll one day get a GTA 4 remaster, in the same way we got Red Dead last year.
even I'm waiting for ghost 2 but apparently they're not showing any first party games in the state of play so hopefully the tokyo games show or the game awards

There aren't going to be any first party games in the state of play so ghost of tsushima 2 isnt happening. hopefully at TGS later this month or at the TGA in december. so far at TGS they're gonna show more of DS2 and phantom blade zero

Hey,

Recently Lunatic Ignus announced that State of Play will be hosted on 19-20 September (next week).

What games do you expect on the up-coming State of Play?
I think you might want to edit your post OP since he says now that it'll be announced September 23rd 2024 and then happen September 24th 2024.

Wolverine news would be fantastic. I do wonder if Insomniac is working on any Spider-Man 2 dlc or if that ship has sailed. It's been nearly a year since launch now
Ship has probably sailed, there were DLCs mentioned in the leak as well as a Miles Morales sized Venom game in production.

If no DLC is announced in the next big PS showcase before the year is over I'd probably expect no DLCs to be launched for this game, which would be disappointing really as I feel it has much to be offered in terms of story with Chameleon and Carnage being teased.

A new project from Naughty dog is long due. I hope to see the new Bend Studio project.
I fear that Factions might have set Naughty Dog back a lot. We also know from Jason Schreier that until early 2021 Bend was working on a shelved Uncharted game and Factions, and have since been working on a new IP of their own. And new IPs take the longest to make because you have to start from scratch. I fear that we might not get to play anything from Naughty Dog and Bend until like 2027.

Back