• Join the Insider Gaming Forums for your chance to win a new PS5 Pro!

Do you own a handheld PC?

Mike Straw

Senior Editor
Staff member
With so many options, do y'all own a handheld PC? I've been using the Steam Deck for a couple years, but did get time with the Legion GO for work. So far, only the Steam Deck has really kept me. I don't like running windows on the portable machines because there's just so much bloat

I got a steam deck and I gotta say I’m impressed with what valve has done with it. I kinda hope the OG steam deck and the oled ain’t the last time they explore the market cuz they really have something going there for them

I don't own one yet. I am likely to get one in the near future though. I'm looking at either a Steam Deck or the ROG Ally X as my potential choices.

I feel like it would be too much. I already have a Switch but often find myself taking my 3DS or even Gameboy SP out if I find myself on a long trip or plane ride. Having one just seems like in someway I'll be taking work with me since it can be used as a work unit as well.

I've been fiending for the Steam deck ever since one of my gaming buddies copped one, but I've had a hard time convincing myself to spend that much :P I'll probably end up caving down the road, though.

I picked up a Steam Deck shortly after my daughter was born. It was the only way I could play anything for fun, and I worked my way through Resident Evil 2 and 3 Remakes, Vampire Survivors, Dredge, Cult of the Lamb, and a few others so fast!

Really want a steam deck for when I go abroad/long commutes but my issue is I just wouldn't use it around the house and scared I'll ruin the battery if I don't use it

I initially pre-ordered the original Steam Deck, but cancelled, as I wasn't so sure about it. I might get a newer version of it in the next years, like Steam Deck 2 OLED or so, as I'm still interested in it, but as I wouldn't use it much outside on travel currently, I can just stick with my Gaming Laptop anyway ;)

I initially pre-ordered the original Steam Deck, but cancelled, as I wasn't so sure about it. I might get a newer version of it in the next years, like Steam Deck 2 OLED or so, as I'm still interested in it, but as I wouldn't use it much outside on travel currently, I can just stick with my Gaming Laptop anyway ;)
To be honest, at this stage, I'd wait for Steam Deck 2 in a year or two.

Between my Switch, PC and PS5 I don't know that there is room for another handheld (or device at all). The idea of an eventual second gen Steam Deck seems appealing in the future perhaps

Not yet, probably 2026 to get one once AMD Medusa (Zen 6 + RDNA 5), Intel Panther Lake or even that rumoured Nvidia Blackwell ARM SoC based handhelds come around. So that can easily do AAA gaming on the go.

Honestly hopefully 2nd gen Steamdeck will be out in 2026 using a AMD Medusa based SoC. Zen 6 + RDNA 5 + LPPDR6 hopefully still on a 1280x800 OLED @ 120Hz would give crazy results.

Back