• Join the Insider Gaming Forums for your chance to win a new PS5 Pro!

Black Ops 6 maps feedback

SpongeBob

Registered
Just want to know what people like and don't like about the maps they've personally played during Black Ops 6 beta. I came up with a few questions to form a picture of your preferences based on what you liked in previous Call of Duty games, proceed at your will.

1. Maps by what studio do you like more? Infinity ward, Treyarch, Sledgehammer games. Skip if not sure
2. Is there a parcticular game in the series which stands out in regards to maps being the most enjoyable for you? If yes, then name the game
3. Name 5 of your favourite maps across all Call of Duty games not in any particular order
4. Can you describe what do you like about the maps you like? For example, the size, the layout, the shape of the map (eg a three-lane "Hijack", or a square shape "TARAQ" from mw2 2022 or even "RUST" etc)

Black Ops 6 beta maps.

1. What maps did you like and why?
2. What maps you didn't like and why?

For me, it was visiblity being really poor. Not sure why they decided to go back to the very grey look (apart from that mansion map), but it was difficult to see enemies.

Map design hasn't really been the same since the golden age of Call of Duty. When I think what my favorite maps from the franchise are, they're always from CoD4 - BO2. Crash, Backlot, Overgrown, Strike, District, Vacant, Backlot, and Pipeline from CoD4. Terminal, Highrise, Invasion, and Scrapyard from MW2. Firing Range, Summit, Hanoi, Havana, and Villa from BO1. Standoff, Raid, Slums, Express, Plaza, and Meltdown from BO2.

It feels like maps have become way more formulaic than they used to be, as well as being significantly smaller, almost as though they're doing map design based on algorithm. Just really small, overly simplistic meat grinders that require no thought process to play. Just spawn, get a kill or two, die, repeat.

You know, I really disliked Gala the first two or three times, but it wound up being my favorite map from the beta. Skyline, on the other hand, can jog on.

I skipped the oldest COD games in terms of multiplayer because I grew up playing cs 1.6 so my journey started with BO4 which was the 1st for me in terms of MP. I remember loving it. I would go on to play every COD MP since BO4 except Vanguard, I skipped that one, but Black Ops Cold War won my heart through and through in terms of everything, especially the maps. I just loved the maps and that was the 1st game where I tried using a sniper rifle and fell in love in the process of learning how to quick scope.

Standoff, Raid, Hijacked, Nuketown became one of my all time favourites which I might have not known at the time were the remakes of the older BO games. Though I also did enjoy (loved even) most of the mappool CW had like Moscow, Miami, Checkmate, Express, Diesel (loved that one) and Slums etc.

So going in BO6 I found myself surprised at how smaller the maps felt and what maps like Scud and Babylon are doing in BO6 with its Infinity Ward-like layout of it just bing a bigger shipment. It just didn't feel like all those maps I got used to while playing Cold War. Yeah, maps like Skyline and Derilict are still three lane maps but it just doesn't feel the same. The only map that made me feel like I was playing CW was Rewind. I still enjoyed Skyline, somewhat Derilict. I just want my bigger three lane maps back :rolleyes:

The movement + map sizes don't gel together which is largely the problem. Along with the iffy netcode Treyarch games seem to have. It's way too common to aim at the target fire first to land a hit or two but then your opponent kills you muchy quicker.

Back