• Join the Insider Gaming Forums for your chance to win a new PS5 Pro!

You are made acting CEO of Playstation but can only make 3 enduring decisions - what would you do?

Relocate back to Japan, increase investment in Japanese studios / talent (with Aniplex who are on fire atm) and launch a PlayStation launcher (this does not mean no games on Steam / Epic)

1.Bring back Socom, Killzone or Resistance
2. Decrease PS+ prices
3. More/bigger titles for free monthly games on PS+

1. Buy Ubisoft (stock price is at an all-time low).
2. Replace the Bungie Leadership.
3. More Movies and Tv shows based on PlayStation IP
Buy Ubisoft is an excellent call, but then you gotta trim the fat (18,000+ employees worldwide)

1 - New Sly Cooper game.
2 - Make Playstation Stars actually worth trying to do literally anything for
3 - Overarching decrease of controller prices, both PS4 and PS5

Hmm I think:

1) Be more transparent with the audience (i.e. Hermen Hulst would be way more visible, PlayStation would attend Gamescom, bring back PSX, etc.)

2) PlayStation Portal 2 (new handheld that’s a legit mobile console not simply a screen share device) I think there is a massive appetite for it.

3) Single player is king (stop chasing the GaaS model and return the majority of first party studios back to producing what the players actually want)

I hope my reign as fictional CEO makes everyone happy :)

1. Release every first party game day one on PC. It's literally more revenue and in turn, more profit for Sony which completely relies and depends on PlayStation.

2. Resurrect Factions and the leaked Spider Man online game. Sony needs a few live service games and Bungie is a disaster that has never been able to manage itself. Factions and Spider Man by IP/name alone would garner more interest and hype than all of their other live service games combined even before showing what the gameplay loop/hook is.

3. PlayStation Portal 2. Have a legitimate portable gaming device that allows you to digitally download/stream PS6/PS5/PS4 games. Launch as a separate device alongside PlayStation 6 in Fall 2028.

1 - Shift the focus back to high quality single player games (like 3/4)

2 - Study the market for a new PlayStation handheld

3 - Make the PlayStation store available on PC so Steam isn't necessarily the prefered platform but also make the purchases cross platform as an incentive

Back