• Join the Insider Gaming Forums for your chance to win a new PS5 Pro!

Why Sony hasn't done anything with their precious IP from generations past like SOCOM, Legend of Dragoon, Syphon Filter, Twisted Metal, etc...

GiGAHEART

Registered
...really bothers me a lot.

I mean imagine Socom 5 with today's tech, openworld JRPG sequel Legend of Dragoon 2 rivals FFVII remake & so on.

If God of War franchise can do it why can't Sony trust the others right.

This goes with other companies too like Microsoft (i.e. Brute Force 2!!!) & Fromsoft (Otogi 3 please!!!).

Thoughts on this I-G fam.

I mean imagine Socom 5 with today's tech, openworld JRPG sequel Legend of Dragoon 2 rivals FFVII remake & so on.

This goes with other companies too like Microsoft (i.e. Brute Force 2!!!) & Fromsoft (Otogi 3 please!!!).

Yeah I agree... I really want new games from their older IP's that hasn't got a sequel for awhile now!

Dude for real DG is quite possibly my favourite PS4 exclusive.

Bummer too because the game's ending obviously begs for a continuation 😭

Hopefully Sony reconsider this & makes a sequel eventually.
Eventually yes... I really hope that it'll happen during this generation or the next one!

Baffles me that they refuse to use some of their seemingly abandoned franchises that would undoubtebly help push excitement and threfore sales. Remember that God of War reveal at E3??? Bonkers! Look how huge it turned out - put some real talent and hard work behind these classic names and they will sell not only copies but also consoles.

Massive gap in the playstation lineup for multiplayer games and things like Killzone are just sat in storage, forgotten...
With how amazingly AstroBot is being received things like Jak & Daxter should definitely be on the minds of Naughty Dog - Not another remake of a remaster of a game that came out a year ago 😂

Back