• Join the Insider Gaming Forums for your chance to win a new PS5 Pro!

What's everyone playing?

Brandon Morgan

Guide Writer
Staff member
I tend to hop between games for work, but in my free time, I often return to State of Decay 2, RimWorld, and Starfield. How about y'all? Any recommendations?

Too many games!

Black Myth Wukong
Astro Bot
Marvel vs Capcom Collection
Star Wars Outlaws
Street Fighter 6
Tekken 8

Upcoming
Dead Rising Deluxe Remaster
Mortal Kombat 1 Khaos Reigns
Silent Hill 2
Black Ops 6
Assassin's Creed Shadows
Marvel Rivals

Too many games!

Black Myth Wukong
Astro Bot
Marvel vs Capcom Collection
Star Wars Outlaws
Street Fighter 6
Tekken 8

Upcoming
Dead Rising Deluxe Remaster
Mortal Kombat 1 Khaos Reigns
Silent Hill 2
Black Ops 6
Assassin's Creed Shadows
Marvel Rivals
How are you enjoying Star Wars Outlaws? I have a soft spot for Ubisoft's popcorn games and wound up playing it for quite a while before moving on.

It's the most "Yeah, it's alright" game I've played in recent memory.

I really dig the world and how much it feels like Star Wars, but considering that Ubisoft has done better with a lot of their games it feels weird how much of Outlaws is just "Okay".

They made Splinter Cell and Assassin's Creed, yet the stealth model in Outlaws is laughably dated and bland.

They've made some top notch shooters that feel good, yet the gunplay is so painfully average and has so many rookie errors (Why can't I pick up a secondary and take it with me)

They make some gloriously slick combat animations in Splinter Cell, For Honor, Assassin's Creed and Watch Dogs, yet Outlaws takedown animations are so bad they look almost place holder.

The game is a visual masterclass, but the modern Ubi model of Storytelling does nothing for me, so I am not really engaged. I am just dragged around by the scenery. It's a shame as I am a big Star Wars fan, especially the kind of story they want to tell.

Back