• Join the Insider Gaming Forums for your chance to win a new PS5 Pro!

Trailer 2 speculation

Harry

Registered
We’re coming up to 10 months since the first trailer, surely we can expect trailer 2 soon? We’re starving. I feel like I can already see the last shot, logo & ‘spring 2026’. Would be very R* to casually announce a delay this way. Any insights or speculation as to when we might get trailer 2?

Man, I have no idea. Rockstar operates its own way that’s for sure. It will probably be a random midweek day in the middle of January or something like that ha.

Could it be before TGA just like last time? or will it be around the tokyo game show this month?

Based on recent news about R* trying to acquire music rights for the game, we can assume the game is basically done, because the world and its narrative are set, so they have all the information they need to pick music for that world.

Maybe I'm optimistic, but I believe this puts us in good shape for a late 2025 release. They will want around a year between trailer 2 and the actual release date, so I'm hoping for something in the next three months; TGA is on December 12, so around then like last time could make sense as @Shivam points out.

For context, GTA 5 trailer 2 and RDR 2 trailer 2 both dropped a year before final release; even though RDR 2 trailer 2 gave a Spring 2018 release date, it dropped around a year before the actual release date of October 2018.

Based on recent news about R* trying to acquire music rights for the game, we can assume the game is basically done, because the world and its narrative are set, so they have all the information they need to pick music for that world.

Maybe I'm optimistic, but I believe this puts us in good shape for a late 2025 release. They will want around a year between trailer 2 and the actual release date, so I'm hoping for something in the next three months; TGA is on December 12, so around then like last time could make sense as @Shivam points out.

For context, GTA 5 trailer 2 and RDR 2 trailer 2 both dropped a year before final release; even though RDR 2 trailer 2 gave a Spring 2018 release date, it dropped around a year before the actual release date of October 2018.
There's an annual take two meeting happening on the 18th september, just a day before the "pretty big" state of play. hopefully we'll get some updates in that meeting. I just wanna hear that its still on track for fall 2025 then I think we'd be safe to expect a trailer by december this year. fingers crossed

There's an annual take two meeting happening on the 18th september, just a day before the "pretty big" state of play. hopefully we'll get some updates in that meeting. I just wanna hear that its still on track for fall 2025 then I think we'd be safe to expect a trailer by december this year. fingers crossed
I’ve already fully accepted a 2026 release so 2025 will be a nice bonus

Could it be before TGA just like last time? or will it be around the tokyo game show this month?
I think we're getting one during September-December 2024... We just don't know when... So it could be at The Game Awards 2024 or even at Sony's State of Play showcase or randomly announced and dropped in October 2024 or December 2024.

Back