• Join the Insider Gaming Forums for your chance to win a new PS5 Pro!

The "What got YOU into videogames" Thread :)

GiGAHEART

Registered
Could be a title or specific event. Maybe even something gradual.

For me it's twofold: PS1 & Halo.

PS1 as first console & then Halo really got me hooked as a gamer.

Obviously I've got some PS1 all-time faves but with Halo 1 never been a game that's literally & figuratively made my jaw dropped countless times.

That first level after Master Chiefs' ship crashlands alone was absolutely mind-blowing for me as a kid.

I think if I'd to compare it recently would be how Elden Ring made me feel at times especially that Siofia River elevator.

I think most if not all of us gamers can relate with each other in some form or another because of these shared experiences though they may vary it's all the same; the sense of grandeur, the fun times & even those controller-breaking moments.

That's why I believe that we all could easily interact easily with each other because of that sense of familiarity however indirectly it may seem.

Halo 3 on the Xbox 360, definitely one of my top 5 games and the flood still gives the creeps specifically in Halo 3 and the scarab sacred the crap out of me back then. Favorite mission would be when the infected covenant ship crashed.

I was born in the early 90’s so gaming was always around for me growing up. First console I purchased on my own though was the Xbox 360. That generation holds a special place in my heart.

Man…even through the weird times we’re in of microtransactions and GaaS, gaming has always been a constant, joyful escape.

Watching my older brother play the original Ratchet and Clank on the ps2, I was hooked from there. Don't think I could've had a better introductory console. Not my pic but a tonne of nostalgia:
1726676763306.webp

Last edited:
Back