• Join the Insider Gaming Forums for your chance to win a new PS5 Pro!

The PlayStation 6 has 2 SoCs in Development, It’s Claimed

Tom Henderson

Administrator
Staff member
A reputable leaker has claimed that the PlayStation 6 currently has 2 SoCs (System-on-a-Chip) in development.

Read the full article here...

when-is-the-ps6-coming-out.webp

Interesting, suspect they are going for a $600+ digital PS6 and a $500 or so Handheld (720p probably ala Steamdeck able to match XSX at 720p, and if OLED then it's good enough at 720p).

Also explains why Kepler L2 isn't on Twitter since he was from Brazil, never realised that (wish he would sign up to Bluesky).

Surely, Sony Interactive Entertainment (oh, it's official😂) will not release a second weaker console, we've that in Xbox Series S' case; the hardware's RAM was 10GB so devs had problem with optimizing the games at 60FPS or even 30FPS when it reaches to Series S. I think that Sony will follow PS5 road and release a digital edition and an standard edition with detatch option and more power goes for PS6 Pro.

Maybe we get a PS6 Pro done right at launch and Sony says up front no mid gen refresh this time.
what if pro versions are a software approach then a hardware one. Like for example lets say mid gen refreshes are a more software based like making the console so powerful and then sony can work on it in a software rather than getting another hardware.

handheld is nowadays streaming based, I dont think we will get a proper handheld device anytime soon or a steamdeck type would be nice
Well it been like the Steamdeck would be nice... But it would suck if it's just like the PlayStation Portal or well does only stream games. But I guess we'll see what it actually is in the next 2-3 years hopefully.

Well it been like the Steamdeck would be nice... But it would suck if it's just like the PlayStation Portal or well does only stream games. But I guess we'll see what it actually is in the next 2-3 years hopefully.
I dont think sony will move away from this portal thing just like that. In their investors meeting one thing is very clear that sony is focusing on AI, Machine Learning and Online/Digital streaming.

I dont think sony will move away from this portal thing just like that. In their investors meeting one thing is very clear that sony is focusing on AI, Machine Learning and Online/Digital streaming.
Well they can make one as well... But I want a non-portal handheld as well which the upcoming one from Sony might be hopefully.

Back