• Join the Insider Gaming Forums for your chance to win a new PS5 Pro!

Microsoft Spends $1 Billion a Year To Bring Third-Party Titles to Game Pass

Grant Taylor-Hill

Senior Editor & Esports Lead
Staff member
It has been mentioned that Microsoft is parting ways with $1 billion a year to bring third-party games onto the Game Pass service.

Read the full article here...

game-pass.png

For smaller teams Game pass has probably brought them to an audience that they likely wouldnt have gotten to and probably brought them revenue that they would never have seen. Im yet to find a negative about Game Pass.

Right now im currently playing Frostpunk 2 which came out today. Its a game I would've bought for $60+

Said it in a few posts about game pass, personally there's just too much value in it for me not to have it.

For smaller teams Game pass has probably brought them to an audience that they likely wouldnt have gotten to and probably brought them revenue that they would never have seen. Im yet to find a negative about Game Pass.

Right now im currently playing Frostpunk 2 which came out today. Its a game I would've bought for $60+

Said it in a few posts about game pass, personally there's just too much value in it for me not to have it.

This is just my opinion on this subscription service not only with Game Pass but in general as a whole ie Netflix, etc

For some still (including myself obviously) ownership is a huge thing. These subscription services are basically rental service. So there's that part of the consumers.

For the devs I'd have to guess units sold both physical & digi > whatever game pass deal they agreed to.

Again this is just speculation on my part since I don't have Xbox One or series.

Very interesting tho if this leads to MS changing strategy about this whole thing.

Back