• Join the Insider Gaming Forums for your chance to win a new PS5 Pro!

Let me know 5 Educated Guesses That Will Happen in the Next 2 years

Tom Henderson

Administrator
Staff member
This is just something a little fun I wanted to throw out there in a recent article: Let me know five of your best-educated guesses about what will happen in the gaming industry in the next two years. For example; GTA 6 will be delayed, Death Stranding 2 will be at The Game Awards 2024, etc. etc.

1 - Halo: The Master Chief Collection is coming to PlayStation 5.
2 - A big company is acquiring Ubisoft.
3 - Bloodborne Remake will be announced for PS5, PS5 Pro and PC.
4 - Sony will activate the PlayStation PC launcher.
5 - Sony will announce the PS Vita 2.

1. AI will be used to help on more than 50% on development of games. (Dialogue, Story, Generated worlds with description and more)

2. I feel Sony and Microsoft could charge an additional extra. (included in the top memberships maybe) To have the option of getting a full refund for the game you have just purchased and played. After 10 hours have passed you cant get a refund.

3. Ads in loading screens

4. Gaming Subscriptions are here to stay, and will assist in the eventual demise of physical copies of games.

5. There will be a new surge of popularity for Fitness whilst gaming, as there are a lot of streamers playing games whilst on a treadmill. This will create a market for ‘Fitness Gaming’ accessories and future games, for peoples wellness and wellbeing.

1. Xbox will start releasing major first party games on PlayStation.

2. Ubisoft will be forced to either sell IP, license their IP out or be acquired

3. Bloodborne will make a comeback in some way (Cope)

4. Physcial Games will be slowly phased out in favour of all digital. (might be longer than 5 years)

5. We'll see a resurgence of middle range single player titles that don't require crazy sales numbers to be profitable

1. Microsoft continues its shift to be multiplatform and takes some of its largest franchises to the Playstation platform

2. Gamepass gets another price hike and tests the limits of what users are willing to pay for the service

3. The Nintendo Switch successor launches and sells extremely well

4. Sony creates and deploys a PC Launcher

5. Game industry changes such as layoffs, consolidation, unionization, and ai use/integration become even larger and more central issues

1. PlayStations move to day and date on PC, with their own launcher option
2. Xbox goes full third-party, Game Pass variant comes to PlayStation & Switch 2
3. Apple invests in a publisher and pushes iOS premium experiences
4. Destiny 2 gets its year 12 expansion
5. Ubisoft is acquired by a Chinse company or the Saudi govt fund

1. GTA VI xbox version delayed
2. Next gen xbox will get revealed and powered by arm chip
3. Ubisoft would be acquired apple
4. PlayStation fairgame$ will be end up like concord 2.0
5. God of war 1 remake will get announced and tone down gore and censored $ex scene will create controversies

1. Sony will be revealing a PS Vita 2 in 2026.
2. GTA VI will be delayed to Holiday 2026.
3. Sony will make an unexpected move by acquiring a huge publisher/studio.
4. Microsoft will release the next Xbox console in 2027.
5. A lot of 2025-2026 games will be delayed.

1. Feb 25 Nintendo Direct
2. June 25 Playstation Showcase
3. June 25 Nintendo Direct
4. September 25 Nintendo Direct
5. September 25 State of Play

1. Bethesda will officially become fully multiplatform again, meaning all games will be Xbox/PlayStation/PC on Day 1. They will however continue to be a subsidiary of Microsoft
  2. Sony will launch their own PC storefront, but will continue publishing on other stores like Steam and the Epic Games Store just like they currently are. As part of the PlayStation PC storefront, PS+ will come to PC
  3. Sony will shut down Firewalk
  4. Sony will sell a significant share in Bungie, maybe even sell the entire company
  5. GTA 6 will be delayed into "early 2026", and will be delayed a second time into the second half of 2026

1. GTA VI will fall into a development hell, disappointment on launch as a result.

2. Valve teases Half Life 3 for reals.

3. Sony unveils a new handheld system to rival the Switch in the event they need to recoup potential financial losses from the PS5 Pro not selling as anticipated.

4. Square Enix becoming more open to PC/Xbox releases without a 6 month to 1 year delay between Playstation launch and other.

5. Xbox opening up first-party IPs to Sony, solidifying themselves as third-party.

1) Switch 2 will get delayed. There have already been some reports about one of the nintendo switch factories in vietnam being impacted by floods that happened recently.

2) Valve and epic games getting bought out by a larger company. I am bullish on this happening in the next 10 years or so.

We have seen massive corporations merge and monopolise spaces in the last few years, sony did it with crynchyroll and funimation and microsoft bought 2 major videogame publishers. I do not belive pc gaming nor these storefronts are immune to this sort of stuff.

Microsoft and amazon have also wanted to buy steam, google wanted to team up with tencent to buy up all of epic.
Every few years we hear stuff like this. When the time is right I see large companies wanting to seize the moment to buy them up.

Considering google was salvating over buying epic games and microsoft were salvating over buying steam. I feel like it is in the realm of possibility. And even though some pc gamers laugh over it I honestly feel like it might happen.

3) Next gen ps6 costing 800-900 dollars. The 2nm node shrink will be expensive. Not to mention rising costs and sony wanting to make a healthy profit. It will be intresting to see what the console market is like in 2028. Sony wants to transform the ps5 brand into apple tier following. I think it might work out.

4) I think ubisofts stock is devalued it will most likely rise within a few years, when stock prices look too low they probably are. Them getting bought out is a possiblilty the only reason why they didn't get bought out by vivendi back in 2018 was because they sacrificed gameloft.

5)Mobile gaming will get another genshin like hit whoch showcases other markets the mobile game developers have ignored. Wether that be pc games getting ported to run on phones or a genre of gaming that were not being served.

Ubisoft imo still have a few tricks. If the division movie does well and stuff. The stock price might rise again. Their ips would be good in movies.

1. GTA VI comes out next year, about September-October timeframe. Gets priced at $80.
2. Probably see another few big closures of some studios, like Ninja Theory.
3. The next Battlefield underperforms commercially by being slotted in between GTA VI & CoD 2025.
4. The next Xbox doesn't come out in 2026.
5. Steamdeck V2 comes out in 2026. Likely Zen 6 w/ RDNA 5 APU.

From the best gaming news source on the internet "Legit Gaming Leaks"

1) The next 'Super Mario' game will not be released for the Nintendo Entertainment System.
2) The next Steam Deck will play Steam games.
3) The next Astro game will be released on PlayStation.
4) Nintendo Switch 2 will have buttons.
5) The Game Awards will be hosted by Geoff Keighley this year.

Back