• Join the Insider Gaming Forums for your chance to win a new PS5 Pro!

‘It’s Actually Not That Bad’: Respawn’s Vince Zampella on the PS5 Pro Price

Grant Taylor-Hill

Senior Editor & Esports Lead
Staff member
Respawn Entertainment's Vince Zampella sat down to speak about the PS5 Pro's staggering price point, talking briefly about Battlefield 6.

Read the full article here...

vince-zampella.webp

Respawn Entertainment's Vince Zampella sat down to speak about the PS5 Pro's staggering price point, talking briefly about Battlefield 6.

Read the full article here...

vince-zampella.webp
I mean some people might agree... But if the PS6 or PS6 Pro is more than $700 and it's not good enough for the price so will that maybe hurt Sony. But if you ask me personally... So will I say as long as it's worth it and the price isn't TOO MUCH so will I still get a PS6, PS6 Pro etc. But I think Sony will do the right thing and not price the PS6 etc. at something more than $500 - $600 unless its specifications are very good and therefore so does the price make sense!

Something is only worth what someone else is willing to pay and there will be plenty out there willing to pay that. Personally im not paying almost $800 for a console when, as it stands the X is more than enough for me and looks more than good enough, id also think the PS5 would be more than enough too.

Also you'd likely have to own a very good monitor or a crazy expensive monitor to get the best out of the Pro when it arrives.

Something is only worth what someone else is willing to pay and there will be plenty out there willing to pay that. Personally im not paying almost $800 for a console when, as it stands the X is more than enough for me and looks more than good enough, id also think the PS5 would be more than enough too.

Also you'd likely have to own a very good monitor or a crazy expensive monitor to get the best out of the Pro when it arrives.
Yeah if we're talking about a good TV or monitor so will it have to support HDMI 2.1, VRR, 4K, ALLM, HDR-10, at least 1000 nits of brightness and the HDMI 2.1 ports having 48 GBPS to fully take advantage of the PS5 Pro... And if you really got money so will you get a 8K TV or monitor and be able to play the few games that will run in 8K @ 30 FPS (Or more if that's even possible... And I imagine PSSR will be used to achieve the game been upscaled to 8K @ 30 FPS)... So yeah I don't imagine there been a good TV that will cost under $800 - $1500 tbh.

I have an LG C2 42', Never had a better screen. I have 2 other 1080p monitors and a 4k one. But the Oled is far superior.

Problem is alot buy a PS5 and play on old TVs or ones without 4k or HDR. Or loads of input lag.

Even a 1440p highend monitor is a good option. Especially if it's Oled.

My stance with this is like goes something this...

Did Sony decide this pricing because they're the current market leader by a wide margin?

And as Yeez addressed on the second post what does this means for the inevitable PS6?

Truthfully what bothers me so much is that how come most games cost $70 now yet microtransactions schemes such as preorder exclusives, season passes, add-ons, etc still exist.

Worse, most of these said games suffer from bugs & glitches that's just simply inexcusable.

Makes you wonder why besides a select few like Fromsoftware, why do these companies get away with these things.

To me PS5 Pro pricing isnt that bad as it seems if u consider the hardware that is inside, plus it also varies that what kind of players will be buying that console. If ppl who are very bothered about Graphics and performance they have a reason to buy that console but I think most ppl dont realize but there are a huge number of people who are still in the PS4 gen waiting for the console refresh and I think this will be the time where ppl will decide if they will buy the normal version or the pro version. Plus I wouldnt be surprised if PS5 pro sold only during the GTA6 pre launch period. One thing that really didnt justify the price is what games we would be playing on the pro like Idk how sony came up with this but they decided to show LOUP2 comparison like lmao plus I think atleast 2 new games running on the pro would have justify the price. Yesterday Digital Foundry gave a comparison video of Final Fantasy: Rebirth and that actually showed why you might think about getting a PS5 pro. Thats atleast my opinion.

Back