• Join the Insider Gaming Forums for your chance to win a new PS5 Pro!

Is the Steamdeck user-friendly, battery-friendly etc & can be played offline fully?

GiGAHEART

Registered
Haven't had a handheld gaming device for so long & there's tons of games that only be found on Steam that I really wanna play on the go.

Plus truthfully I've never been a PC gamer really so I could finally be one now 😉

Any input from Steam gamers please do share would really appreciate it!

Thanks!

So, I think it's extremely user friendly compared to the other handheld gaming PCs. Because it's SteamOS, everything just works right out of the box. Just install your games an play. It works perfectly fine offline as long as the game itself doesn't require an internet connected.

Battery wise, that's the problem. Because of limitations, all the handheld batteries are quite poor for what many would like. You'll get a couple hours on a full charge running lower settings. If you want to push the deck to its limits, you're going to get an hour or so

That's actually good to know Mike thanks so much especially that where "it just works right out of the box".

Because frankly that's my main barrier of entry to PC gaming; it's too complex for me lol

Last portable I had was the first PSP so I think I can power-manage.

I assume the Steamdeck has big storage too right? Because that's another thing for console gaming & how massive installs, patches etc can be.

That's actually good to know Mike thanks so much especially that where "it just works right out of the box".

Because frankly that's my main barrier of entry to PC gaming; it's too complex for me lol

Last portable I had was the first PSP so I think I can power-manage.

I assume the Steamdeck has big storage too right? Because that's another thing for console gaming & how massive installs, patches etc can be.
depends on the option you get. it has different storage options, but you can buy a good microSD card to add to it

Back