• Join the Insider Gaming Forums for your chance to win a new PS5 Pro!

Digital vs Physical - how do you prefer to buy your games?

Digital vs Physical - how do you prefer to buy your games?

• Digital

• Physical

Results are only viewable after voting.

Captain_Fuzz

Registered

Just seen this on twitter and wondered what everyone here prefers. I've always been a big fan of the physical media especially with collectors editions and the like. Would definitely be sad to see digital media take over completely, even though it's very convenient...

Always digital. The space that games eventually take up just isnt for me. I've boxes and boxes full of DVD/Bluray that I no longer use. If I can store games on the console/PC thats what im doing. I have a Series X, it has a drive on it, its not been used 1 time since I got the console and there's a high possibility it never will. If the option to buy a diskless X was there I wouldve done so.

Also for the PC you cannot beat buying games for $2/3 on Steam (or some other store that does steam keys) that I havent played before/played on a different device and want to play again. You simply cant do that with physical media.

Just seen this on twitter and wondered what everyone here prefers. I've always been a big fan of the physical media especially with collectors editions and the like. Would definitely be sad to see digital media take over completely, even though it's very convenient...

Dude physical discs for me too not only I value ownership as a consumer so much but for game preservation purposes.

I also genuinely hate it whenever a game gets delisted ie Jump Force, Deadpool etc & I don't know why government guys allow this practice in the industry.

Even addon DLC gets delisted or sometimes worse in-game deletion like Predator content in Ghost Recon Wildlands.

Tho admittedly sometimes I buy digital because of steel sales obviously.

I don't remember which game was it but fairly recently a game gets pulled out even if the players have it on their library already & literally bought it.

Then there's bunch of other negatives of going digital; what if do you don't have internet or EMP during alien invasion lol

Nothing against physical games tbh... But I've only bought a digital version of every game I've since 2012.

Back