• Join the Insider Gaming Forums for your chance to win a new PS5 Pro!

Changes To Forum Badge Threshold

Mike Straw

Senior Editor
Staff member
Hi everyone. First off, I want to thank everyone who's helped kick start the Insider Gaming forums over the last week. It's something we have been working on for a long time, and I'm excited to see where it goes from here.

Now, we have been reading a lot of the discourse surrounding the badges threshold, specifically when it comes to the Bronze Badge. At launch, the Bronze Badge was earned via the following:
  • 50 posted messages
  • 150 reaction score
  • Member for at least 7 days
With the forums being so new and growing, we realize that the reaction score might have been a little too eager for the launch. So, we have decided that we will be having the score needed to reach a Bronze Badge and be eligible for not only the PS5 Pro giveaway, but future giveaways as well.

Moving forward you will now need just a 75 Reaction Score along with the 50 posted messages and week-long membership. The other tiers will stay the same for now.

Thank you again for helping grow Insider Gaming!

- Mike Straw, Senior Editor

Last edited:
Hi everyone. First off, I want to thank everyone who's helped kick start the Insider Gaming forums over the last week. It's something we have been working on for a long time, and I'm excited to see where it goes from here.

Now, we have been reading a lot of the discourse surrounding the medals threshold, specifically when it comes to the Bronze Medal. At launch, the Bronze Medal was earned via the following:
  • 50 posted messages
  • 150 reaction score
  • Member for at least 7 days
With the forums being so new and growing, we realize that the reaction score might have been a little too eager for the launch. So, we have decided that we will be having the score needed to reach a Bronze Medal and be eligible for not only the PS5 Pro giveaway, but future giveaways as well.

Moving forward you will now need just a 75 Reaction Score along with the 50 posted messages and week-long membership. The other tiers will stay the same for now.

Thank you again for helping grow Insider Gaming!

- Mike Straw, Senior Editor
Thanks a lot... This should make stuff easier for us all! (y)

Yeah likes is the tough one, people will read most of the replies that they see in a thread they are involved in but those likes dont grow on trees lol.
Yes with the forum been new and there not been a lot of active members on it so will it take awhile before it's easy to get a lot of likes... But I think it'll be easier to get a lot of them in 2025 hopefully though!

This is very good news indeed thanks Mike!

As you know some of us newbies here & October 10 is fast approaching.

All the very best to team Insider-Gaming & to us my fellow forum members may we all help improve these forums for many years!

P.S. But how do you earn reaction score exactly? Is it the likes & such? Thank you.

This is very good news indeed thanks Mike!

As you know some of us newbies here & October 10 is fast approaching.

All the very best to team Insider-Gaming & to us my fellow forum members may we all help improve these forums for many years!

P.S. But how do you earn reaction score exactly? Is it the likes & such? Thank you.
Agreed!

And yes by likes and making a lot of posts.

Back