• Join the Insider Gaming Forums for your chance to win a new PS5 Pro!

Assassin’s Creed Shadows Delayed To February 2025

Mike Straw

Senior Editor
Staff member
According to the latest announcement, Ubisoft has delayed Assassin's Creed Shadows release to February 2025.

Read the full article here...

Assassins-Creed-Shadows-Yasuke-1155x770.jpg

I don't know anyone that's excited for this. The reveal had a few friends excited but everything they've shown since has lessened the hype lol

From article:

Assassin’s Creed Shadows is a dream project for us; finally bringing the series to Feudal Japan with many features developed with our community in mind, such as parkour or the renewed stealth, brought by new technology, all set in a beautiful and immersive world.

This is an ambitious addition to the franchise, a rich experience that can be lived through the eyes of two unique protagonists – but we realize we need more time to polish and refine the experience, pushing further some of our key features.

As such, we’ve made the decision to postpone the release date to February 14, 2025. The game will release on a broad range of platforms, including Steam at launch. Additionally, preorders will be refunded and all future preorders will be granted the first expansion for free.

We understand this decision will come as disappointing news, especially to those who’ve been waiting patiently for an Assassin’s Creed game inspired by Feudal Japan, but we sincerely believe this is in the best interest of the game, and ultimately your experience as a player. Rest assured we are looking forward to the moment you will embark on a memorable adventure with Naoe and Yasuke.

Until then, we thank you for your ongoing support

I am down with that. The more polish, the better.

Ubisoft really needs to change their way of working and start being innovative again. Take time for creating games and use technology from 2024, not of 10 years ago (faces in games).

I'm personally uninterested in the game (still to play Ghost of Tsushima) but have noted the furore around the main character. Are they backtracking on that?

Back