• Join the Insider Gaming Forums for your chance to win a new PS5 Pro!

Scalpers Are Already Ruining The PS5 Pro Launch

Mike Straw

Senior Editor
Staff member
It took just hours for scalpers to ruin the pre-order start of the PS5 Pro and 30th Anniversary Edition PS5 Pro online.

Read the full article here...

30th-anniversary-ps5-pro-range-image-block-02-en-17sep24.jpg

Not surprising, but disgusting. I hope I don't have issues getting in for the standard Pro. If so, more retailers are selling it next month as well.

What to expect. I would blame Sony for this unnecessary scarcity. 12,300 for global sales are just ridiculous. Lets assume that PS5 Pro will sell around those 15m units. 30th edition PRO will take up 0,08%. Seems that Sony wanted to have such "high value" collectible and not to give option to have something special for gamers.

Not sure what is going on. I went to PS Direct, and I had to wait in a queue. Then when my time was up, it pushed me into the PS Direct website. But now what? From here do I just have to keep the webpage open until 9am CST? And hit REFRESH on the PS5 page?

There should be 30TH anniversary banner in main page. Whenever it gets active you should press it (pre order/explore) and select what you want from the list.
But you can expect that you will be kicked out of direct page to queue again whenever it goes live.

What to expect. I would blame Sony for this unnecessary scarcity. 12,300 for global sales are just ridiculous. Lets assume that PS5 Pro will sell around those 15m units. 30th edition PRO will take up 0,08%. Seems that Sony wanted to have such "high value" collectible and not to give option to have something special for gamers.
Sony might have bought up some of the stock themselves to scalp off and make back the concord money 😂

It's kind of staggering that they're marking up the price by over 400%.

I really think Sony could've done more to make this system better. Make it a link sent to your email to join the queue and only people who have an account before the announcement and have at least one title on their account can actually join the queue for the Pro 30th Anniversary Bundle since so few were made.

Always going to happen. Supply and demand. People want them, people have money they are willing to spend on them. These things will continue to happen sadly because people that have the money dont care and are willing to spend it.

Back