• Join the Insider Gaming Forums for your chance to win a new PS5 Pro!

PlayStation 6 Will Have AMD Chip With Backwards Compatibility, It’s Claimed

Mike Straw

Senior Editor
Staff member
According to a new report, the PlayStation 6 (PS6) will have an AMD processor and backwards compatibility is of high importance.

Read the full article here...

PS6-Logo.jpg

According to a new report, the PlayStation 6 (PS6) will have an AMD processor and backwards compatibility is of high importance.

Read the full article here...

PS6-Logo.jpg
This and the MLID video about the PS6 has got me very excited about the PS6 although it might not be out until 2028... But still it sounds like the PS6 and PS6 Pro will be a bigger upgrade compared to the PS5/PS5 Pro... So I can't wait until it's 2028 for sure! 👀

This and the MLID video about the PS6 has got me very excited about the PS6 although it might not be out until 2028... But still it sounds like the PS6 and PS6 Pro will be a bigger upgrade compared to the PS5/PS5 Pro... So I can't wait until it's 2028 for sure! 👀
I wouldn't be suprised if the PS6 Pro is like $900 without the drive. And we'd be lucky if we get a massive generational leap at $600 if that's the base PS6.

I wouldn't be suprised if the PS6 Pro is like $900 without the drive. And we'd be lucky if we get a massive generational leap at $600 if that's the base PS6.
I mean yeah I think the price might play a big rule in how much of a generational leap the base PS6 will be... But I do indeed see the PS6 Pro costing a lot and been the leap we're looking for... But whatever happens when the PS6 is out so do I expect the leap to be more than what the difference was between the PS4 and PS5 though!

Back