• Join the Insider Gaming Forums for your chance to win a new PS5 Pro!

Is Esports Dying in 2024?

Grant Taylor-Hill

Senior Editor & Esports Lead
Staff member
Many have claimed that esports as an industry is dying. Check out our two cents on the topic and see why it's going the other way entirely.

Read the full article here...

I Think in certain games esports will die, my next thing on esports Sort of related but i miss being able to play S&D Competitive on Gamebattles, there is ranked play on COD but i suck at the other game modes.

I feel like esports as an overarching genre kinda took a massive hit after more casual viewers saw Overwatch League rise into almost mainstream and then crash and burn hardly three years later. But I definitely don't think it's dying in the communities it's intended to appeal to.

The FGC is still doing decent numbers and some other non-FG games too... So no I don't think it's dead so far and I want it to stay as it's a very good thing IMO!

Personally I haven't followed eSports that much since peak Fortnite circa 2018-2020ish.

I think formula-wise that's what should everyone in eSports should take notes from; spectacle & players who games care / root for.

IMO they should also involved single player centric games in these events such as Elden Ring, etc

Idk if I'd say it is dying. Certain areas of e-sports like fighting games are doing great, year on year attendence for spectators and players is increasing.

Maybe just certain areas of E-Sports are struggling

Back